Before you begin interviewing realtors in Chicago, read this Sellers Guide to familiarize yourself with the process.
SELLERS GUIDE, STEP #1: PREPARE
A goal without a plan is just a wish. Developing a plan and preparing your home for market are keys to a successful sale. Before you begin interviewing realtors in Chicago, read this Sellers Guide to familiarize yourself with the process. Ryan’s proven marketing strategy takes the guesswork out of selling your home, maximizes exposure and reaches the right buyers — whether they’re out of state, out of country, or right around the corner.
PRIOR TO LISTING, PREPARE YOUR HOME SO IT’S MORE ATTRACTIVE TO BUYERS
When presenting your home to prospective buyers, first impressions are crucial. Buyers begin judging your home the moment they see it and, unless they’re looking for a deal on a fixer-upper, they prefer homes that are well- maintained, clean and clutter-free.
• CLEAN and tidy the entrance, clear stairs and halls.
• Create space by storing all excess furniture. Rent a storage unit if necessary.
• Closets, cabinets and shelves: remove excess clothes or other items you
will not need until after moving.
• NO CLUTTER. Organize kitchen countertops, removing some appliances if necessary, to make them look as spacious as possible.
• REMOVE any odors/ add air fresheners
• Keep your home in showing condition while the house is on the market.
• Touch-up all exterior/interior PAINT. If needed, re-paint with a neutral shade.
• Repair cracks, leaks, holes and signs of dampness.
• Consider bringing in a professional stager.
• Keep sidewalks clear of snow and ice.
• Be mindful of landscaping/ curb appeal
TIME-PROVEN TIPS FROM TOP REALTORS IN CHICAGO
• Ideally, you should be absent so buyers feel comfortable making comments.
• Make sure your home highlight sheets are easily visible.
• Open all drapes and shades during daylight hours to let in as much light as possible, but screen out unappealing views.
• Light the whole house, especially dark corners and hallways.
• Light (or turn on) the fireplace.
• Turn off the television. Play quiet background music.
• Work to eliminate any odor.
• Make certain the temperature is comfortable.
Definition: Home staging is the act of preparing a private residence for sale in the real estate marketplace.
The goal of staging is to make a home appealing to the highest number of potential buyers, thereby selling a property more swiftly and for more money. Staging techniques focus on improving a property’s appeal by transforming it into a welcoming, attractive product that anyone might want. People usually use artwork, painting, accessories, lights, greenery and carpet to stage the home, to give potential buyers a more attractive first impression of the property.
There a numerous professional staging companies that work with realtors in Chicago to help with staging if necessary. In some cases, virtual staging may also be an option.
Connect with Ryan. Call or email anytime you need to know what’s going on in the downtown Chicago luxury market. When you’re ready to take the next step towards buying or selling your home, he’s ready to help.